Visual Design Placement – 2020/2021
We’re looking for an Intern Visual design placement student to join our team for 2020/21.
As a Visual Design placement, you will be work alongside our marketing and product design teams to actively contribute to both our marketing and brand communications and assist with external client projects. You will have an opportunity to work closely with our marketing and leadership teams, taking ownership for our branded communications across print, social, email and web.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing design team in a company which recognises the value of design. Your work will be distributed to our Corporate Innovation Comunity, including leaders from the worlds largest companies.
Our clients and work are varied and always interesting! In the last year, our design team has worked on projects as varied as an Australia challenger bank to rival Monzo, a finance solution to help startups model their company data and an American shoppable media platform that lets you purchase items straight from a video, among others.
This role is for a placement visual designer who wants to gain experience in visual and graphic design across web and print, and who is not afraid to get stuck into new challenges.
To apply for this role, you will…
- Be an undergraduate studying Graphic Design, Interaction Design or a related course and are due to graduate in 2022.
- Be available to start work in summer 2021 (We’ll agree on a date with the successful applicant)
- Be familiar with or have some experience with common design tools such as the Adobe Suite, Figma or Sketch.
- Have a portfolio or blog of previous work which you can share and discuss
- Have achieved a minimum average grade of 60% across your modules
- Love coming up with creative solutions to problems
- Have the right to work in the UK
Bonus points if you…
- Have some understanding of HTML/CSS
- Have an awareness of UI design techniques and examples of web or product design in your portfolio
- Can demonstrate strong communication skills and a willingness to take on feedback to improve
What’s on offer
- Paid placement position for 2020 to 2021
- Support from senior designers in the team to help you grow and develop your skillset
- Ability to actively contribute to projects and see your work shipped
- A Macbook Pro and all the goodies
How to Apply
Email email@example.com by April 3rd and include the following:
- A short introduction
- A link to your portfolio, blog or university page
- Anything else you think we might find interesting 🙂