Reporting into the Chief Marketing Officer you will be a tech-savvy professional, experienced in social media, PR and events.
Our Platform and Community
We have a mission to Shift the way that Corporates, Startups, Investors and Governments collaborate.
We have a mission to scale our Shift platform to deliver on the vision of being “what Linkedin should have been” and to create one of the largest Innovation Communities in Europe.
We want to take our existing community of innovators and technologists and connect them with their peers in a secure, private and invite-only environment where they can collaborate, make great connections, discover new opportunities and build better products. We want our members to be themselves and to learn from each other through collaboration.
We also want to create synergies with like-minded partners, to ensure that Shift can benefit the wider community. That’s what we want to do and we want to find a Platform and Community Marketing Manager that can help us deliver on the ambition in 2022 and beyond.
We have worked hard to build out the largest community of Corporate innovators in Europe and what we want to do now is make Shift the brand associated with the largest community of innovators and technologists in the world. For this we need you and we want you to really take the reins, Shift us up a gear and help to create the most meaningful, collaborative and trusted technology and innovation community in the world.
Reporting into the Chief Marketing Officer you will be a tech-savvy professional, experienced in social media, PR and events. You will thrive on making connections and developing partnerships. You will have great oral and written communication skills and have a natural gift for developing and delivering engaging content.
- You should be a ‘people person’ with great customer service skills and the ability to moderate online and offline conversations with our community.
- Ultimately, you should be able to act as the face and voice of our Shift brand and manage all community communications - whether online or offline
- Build the strategy for community engagement and growth and establish policy for community management.
- You will be happy to build and track relevant community metrics and celebrate the fantastic growth you will drive in those metrics. But you will also celebrate the small victories and take pride in the micro-stories where the Shift community has done something cool or great.
- Be an active community manager, visible and accessible to all members of the technology and innovation community - whether in Corporates, startups, Governments or Universities.
- Be creative and take measured risks as you look at different ways to acquire new community members, engage the existing members and encourage active participation in the community by the community
- Define and own the overall communication strategy and business objectives for Shift and align these with the wider business outcomes that Whitespace is looking to achieve.
- Create a varied content calendar and curate content across digital channels - whether owned, earned or community-generated.
- Work with the Shift team to strengthen the community and ensure that communities are active and engaged members, providing regular feedback to inform user design and feature development.
What You'll Do
- Create & execute multi-channel marketing plans & campaigns to drive community growth, awareness, engagement and retention.
- Community strategy and building: building a social following: build an engaged following on social media and a community of brand advocates.
- Community management: Facebook, LinkedIn and other relevant digital and physical community platforms where technologists and innovators can be found with the goal of educating, building meaningful connections & encouraging engagement.
- Content strategy: creating editorial calendars across channels for beautiful, resonate and engaging content to be published by us but also by community members and relevant third parties.
- Copywriting and messaging – including brand, social media, marketing, thought leadership and SEO-driven blog posts.
- Setting up your own ambassador and influencer marketing and referral marketing channels.
- Managing our CRM strategy and email marketing through our chosen CRM platform.
- Customer experience & success – helping to create an amazing experience for the customer.
- Gather customer and market insights, analytics and best practices to inform what you do, why you do it, who you do it too and when you do it.
- Managing and promoting Shift owned events and providing promotional support to community-generated events.
What You Need to Succeed
We have quite a list below but you don’t need to tick them all. Treat it like a smorgasbord - if you can demonstrate to us that you are able to offer up a reasonable amount of these then we are happy eaters!
- Proven work experience as a community manager - whether for a startup, a Corporate or a public sector body.
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series, developing community partnerships).
- Ability to identify and track relevant community & platform metrics.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Hands-on experience with social media management and how to extract the best from them without having to spend eye-watering amounts of marketing budget.
- Ability to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics and make informed decisions based on them.
- Knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask - sometimes at speed and always with enthusiasm.
- BSc degree in Marketing or a relevant field is good but not critical. We care more about your life and work experience than your academic qualifications.
- Excellent collaboration skills with multiple internal & external parties.
- Confident working autonomously, with a proactive, problem-solving and data-driven mentality.
- Strong analytical skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Critical thinking skills, with strong creative judgement and a test & learn approach.
- Strong planning and organisational skills, to ensure successful project management.
- Good and demonstrable knowledge of a multi-channel marketing approach that leverages both direct and channel engagements and physical and digital platforms.
- Experience with Google Suite, HubSpot, Slack and Jira would be good but not critical.
- Obviously, we are looking for you to be able to demonstrate how you have built communities and utilised marketing communications, great partnering and creative approaches to achieve that. But we also want to make sure that you are the right fit for the culture and company maturity at Whitespace.
- Talk about your experience in working within a small but rapidly growing business and an understanding of the opportunities and challenges this presents combined with the executive maturity to engage with Global Corporates.
- If you already work in a Corporate and don’t have experience working in a small company then we need to see your entrepreneurial flair and your ability to think creatively, with agility and be comfortable with 80% is normally good enough.
- Show us how you are comfortable trying and failing and learning and pivoting. As you won’t be in an office most of the time you will need to be able to work from home but still keep your focus, energy and collaborations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Bring enough operational rigour to the marketing and reporting but not be constrained by it so all you do is fill in Excel sheets and write reports up.
- Be totally customer-centric. Whitespace is successful by making our customers successful. We don’t need to blow our own trumpet. Let’s blow their trumpet and take pride in what we have helped them achieve. We’re a flat organisation with minimal hierarchy. This means decision making is quick and all employees are highly empowered
- Whitespace is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of gender, race or color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
What's on Offer
- Salary range of £45,000 - £55,000 DOE
- Up to 15% annual bonus based on company and individual performance
- Remote and flexible working
- 25 days holidays plus all bank holidays
- Staff Wellness Fund
- Early finish on a Friday (Fun Friday)
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.