Reporting into the Chief Marketing & Revenue Officer you will be a highly experienced Commercial or Sales Manager, with a demonstrable track record of working with large corporations and public sector clients.
Whitespace is a team of researchers, engineers, innovators, evangelists and technologists who design, develop and build new ideas, products and ventures for organisations with the tricky problems to solve.
We help businesses innovate, from the small things that can make a big difference to more-involved 'Eureka!' projects. We work with global clients to develop products, markets and ventures that will change things for the better. So when the future rolls around, they’re ready.
Each of our team brings their own expertise. Together, we use our skills to solve existing problems and find new answers. And then we build the technology or innovation programme. It’s a collaborative and inspiring way of working.
Reporting into the Chief Marketing & Revenue Officer you will be a highly experienced Commercial or Sales Manager, with a demonstrable track record of working with large corporations and public sector clients. You will have great oral and written communication skills, exceptional attention to detail and hands on experience in driving commercial growth through the development, implementation and management of business development and commercial strategies.
You should be a ‘people person’ with great customer service skills and a desire to create one of the best commercial teams known. To make this a reality, you’ll be responsible for achieving both personal and team based targets whilst also developing and implementing the necessary processes, policies and procedures that will make your department successful. We’re a flat organisation with minimal hierarchy. This means decision making is quick and all employees are highly empowered.
As you won’t be in an office most of the time you will need to be able to work from home but still keep your focus, energy and collaborations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage all business development related activities including the development, implementation and management of the business development strategy, through collaboration with a highly commercial and sales focused senior leadership team.
- Establish a fast paced, highly efficient and profitable Commercial function, with responsibility for generating high quality leads for our Innovation & Professional Services business
- Report on all sales related activities including but not limited to, sales performance, pipeline, team performance, forecasts, business development activities and other related KPIs
- Establish and grow long-term relationships with existing, new and prospective clients
- Attend conferences and events, both online and offline, to increase brand awareness promote the businesses products/services and to nurture partner relationships
- Work with key stakeholders to develop and constantly evolve client personas
- Achieve personal and team KPI’s
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, the ability to multitask (sometimes at speed and always with enthusiasm), strong analytical skills and critical thinking skills, with strong creative judgement and a test & learn approach
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Excellent collaboration skills with multiple internal & external parties
- Extensive experience in a Sales/Commercial Management role
- Hands-on experience in driving commercial growth through the development, implementation and management of business development and commercial strategies
- Demonstrable track record of working with large enterprises and/or public sector clients
- Be customer centric. Whitespace is successful by making our customers successful. We don’t need to blow our own trumpet. Let’s blow their trumpet and take pride in what we have helped them achieve
- The ability to mentor, develop and manage members of a commercial team as that team evolves under your leadership
- Experience in working with and reporting to Senior Management Teams
- Confident working autonomously, with a proactive, problem-solving and data-driven mentality
- Experience with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, HubSpot, Slack, Jira and Confluence.
- BSc degree in Business and Management or a relevant field is good but not critical. We care more about your life and work experience than your academic qualifications
- An established network or Corporate or Public Sector contacts
What’s on offer
- Salary range of £55-65K + OTE
- Remote and flexible working opportunities at our highly modern Belfast Office
- Access to Perks at Work (Employee Discount Scheme)
- Flexible Hours & Work from home policies
- 25 days holidays plus all bank holidays
- Access to a Health & Wellbeing Fund
- Early finish on a Friday (Fun Friday)
- Employee Referral Incentives
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eye Test Vouchers
- An Amazing Team!
Whitespace is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of gender, race or color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.